Monday, April 30, 2012

Peace on Earth(day)

This is my very first posting on my blog...which I just set up last week! I am fairly new to card-making and find it extraordinarily fun and satisfying (thank you Stephanie!). I love reading blogs of the other Jingle Belles followers and have learned a lot from them. So I decided to give it a shot!


Here is my second card for the most recent Jingle Belles Challenge, in honor of Earth Day, to create a card by recycling, re-using, or rescuing something. The penguin is a used gift tag from a few years ago. The snow flakes were leftover from a card I made for the last JB challenge. And the lighter blue paper is a scrap from something...I have no idea what. The sentiment at the bottom is a little hard to read in the photo, it says "brrrrr."

"Second card? But where is the first one?" you ask. Good questions. Before making my first card I said to myself, "Self", I said, "you should create a card made out of 100% recycled materials." And I did, using a tissue box, scraps of paper, a ribbon that came off the penguin gift tag above, another ribbon off an old bow and part of an office file folder. And it's quite ghastly. I haven't decided whether to post it for posterity or just put it out of its misery.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland ... so glad you have you as my neighbor ... love that sweet little penguin ... the tiny bits of orange really pop with that royal blue background. Love your blog name too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack! i'm not sure if my comment posted or not (arrrgh mr. blogger!!!) so i'll write a second one just in case: WELCOME to the blog-o-sphere, we're so happy to see you here and honored to have a JB card as your very first post!

    and an ♥AWESOME♥ JB card, at that, with a perfect combination of lovely "saved" and "rescued" elements! totally LOVING that penguin, especially, he will make someone smile FOR SURE! well done! ♥

    ReplyDelete