Sunday, August 12, 2012

Oh Christmas Sketch...


I was so excited to start the new Jingle Belles challenge yesterday (as always). I had plenty of time and an idea of what I wanted to do. Here's Stephanie's sketch, which is a great template to work with.


But no matter how many ways I tried it, I just could not get a look that I liked (I'm pretty sure it's because the snowflake paper I chose is too busy). I tried a GAZILLION ways of framing my embelli-flake, putting it on a tag, different color and shapes of die-cut card-stock, but it just doesn't float my boat. No matter...I had fun trying and someone will be getting this baby in the mail in December anyway! I did manage to make a birthday card and a thank you card yesterday as well, which is pretty good for me.

2 comments:

  1. I think the black snowflake base did the trick ... that combined with the black frames on the panel really make all of those colors pop ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally with stef... (as in all things, lol!) ...having the largest snowflake be black definitely pops it away from the background and makes it stand out! i love that the skinny mat panels are black, as well, reeally ties it all together wonderfully, and that's the PERFECT sentiment for this!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete