Saturday, August 4, 2012

Santa Baby

I had a blast with the current Jingle Belles challenge, to incorporate something you find at the North Pole, into a Christmas card. My first attempt ended disasterously when I decided to try adding stitching on my sewing machine, the first time I've attempted sewing on paper. It looks so easy when other people do it! I'll practice on scraps a bit before I try that again. I love it when I can use actual scraps, and all the paper I used for this card is leftover from scrapbooking, so I'm very happy. I also love this Tim Holtz die and this is the first time I've used it.

I'm working on my second...er, third...card now. Also trying a technique I've not tried before, so maybe it will get posted and maybe not!

2 comments:

  1. What perfect paper for that reindeer ... love the holly embellishment and that perfect red nose ... perfect little bow too ... fabulous holiday design ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! that is GORRRRRRGEOUS!!! i love the paper you've chosen for the reindeer... (that might be my alltime fave die, btw, i use mine A TON!!!) ...and the entire design is subtle, elegant, and yet (RED NOSE!!!) totally fun, as well!!!! ♥♥♥

    ps: two things about sewing on paper that no one TELLS YOU: #1 especially on very precise borders and circles and things... you HAVE TO hand crank the machine; #2 when you start out, it really helps to have a very light pencil line to follow...

    (ask me how many scraps i "ruined" finding these things out, lol!) :)

    ReplyDelete