Saturday, September 1, 2012

Be of Good Bingo

This is the first card I've made (in my entire 9 months of card-making!) that my husband hates. On the plus side, now I know that he really means it when he tells me how cool they are! A couple of firsts for this card: I used a new embossing folder I just got in the mail from my good pal AND I embossed it on cardstock with a lighter core...something I just learned about from the same friend. One of the things I love most about making my own greeting cards is using non-traditional colors; the colors are actually quite a bit more vivid though. The sentiment is an EAD rub-on that I forgot about I think it's perfect for this blingy card. And for the second time in a row, this card is inspired by not ONE but TWO challenges. For the Jingle Belles Bingo challenge, I chose the diagonal row, starting in the upper right hand corner, bling, flowers, and dry embossing. And the layout is courtesy of Merry Monday Be of Good Cheer.

6 comments:

  1. well, i don't want to "dis" the man of the house, but unfortunately he's just flat-out wrong about this one! of course, it's a well-known scientific fact that men HATE purple, so we will try not to judge him, lol!!! :) (& yeah, it totally gives you a watermark of knowing that when he says he LIKES the others, it's not just lip service, so that's awesome!)

    on the other hand, i definitely ♥LOVE♥ this enough for two people, so feel free to tell him he's been out-voted! i LOVE your take on the sketch, i looooooooooooove your version of our bingo game, and i really REALLY love the purple + teal color palette!!! totally awesome!!! (& well done you, oh confident challenge-combinerer!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I totally have to disagree with your husband on this one ... that color combination is fantastic and I love that gorgeous embossed texture ... it add such a touch of elegance to the design ... and that rub-on sentiment is perfect. I will have to side with Lauren & say hubby gets out-voted on this one ... so glad you joined our BINGO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, the rich colours are fantastic. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty embossing and colors, Cyndie! The sentiment IS perfect for this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! Love the glimmer and the shine on your pretty card! So happy you played! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete