Monday, October 29, 2012

Holiday Creature Feature

Well, this might be my favorite Jingle Belles challenge ever! I love the idea of creating a card around an animal or even a "monsta." I've been trying to come up with a way to use a stamp I bought specifically to use for cards to give to my book club friends and other friends who love reading as much as I do. The stamp is a lovely cat reading a book. So I decided to incorporate the cat into a bookmark, which is attached to the card. Here is the card with the bookmark attached.



And here is the card after removing the bookmark. I used photo corners to hold it to the card, but since they aren't very sticky, it looks better to just remove them from card and discard them. On the back of the bookmark I attached the titles and authors of a bunch of Christmas themed books. Just the ticket for my bookie friends.


 

2 comments:

  1. oh *WOW* how COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL is that--i love the whole idea, i love the gorgeous bookmark, i love how you've attached it; and then to have a list of xmas books on the back?? BRILLIANT! you are sooooooooooooooo rockin' xmas over there miss cyndie! bigtime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing that awesome cat stamp get some ink ... and it's so Purrrr-fect as a book mark ... and the book titles just put it over the top ... so clever and so fabulously executed ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete